Sunday, January 4, 2015

Getting Centered


I love beginnings. 

Monday is always my favorite day of the week, because it means getting back into routine and getting things accomplished. Perhaps that's why so many of us like to make New Years resolutions. It is a beginning and we feel like it gives us a chance to get something done we have been putting off. And while I've never been a dedicated resolution-maker, I do like to set goals and work towards something.

Tomorrow it will be a year since I've started this blog, and I have to admit that I haven't yet used it as the tool I hoped it would be. I still struggle with taking time for myself in quiet reflection each day. This time is vital for helping me to stay centered on what I need to do to nourish myself physically, spiritually, and emotionally. That being said, I do feel as if I have grown in 2014, and that means I am still heading (generally) in the right direction, even if I feel like I am weaving along the path sometimes.

I've been giving consideration to what I should focus on to continue improving my health, and I keep coming back to this blog. I need to write more. When I write I process the thoughts dancing around in my brain and organize them into a cohesive idea or principle. Since tomorrow is my bloggerversary (is that even a real thing??), this is a great time to set a goal.

So my goal for this coming year is to post here three days per week. Ideally I will spread it out, but I'm sure there will be times when I have to get it in on Fri/Sat/Sunday. Don't judge me. I'm in the process of becoming something, and I'm far from perfect - just like everyone else on this planet. 

Well, most of us.


No comments:

Post a Comment